- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 strip celery, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 to 1 cup crushed french fried onions
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups dry bread crumbs
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and celery until the onions are translucent; remove and let cool. In a mixing bowl combine the cooled onion mixture with crabmeat. Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove crab mixture from refrigerator and add hard cooked egg and fried onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a wide shallow bowl, beat the 3 eggs. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Remove crab mixture from refrigerator, shape into hamburger shaped patties. Dip each one into the beaten egg and then into the bread crumbs, coating well.
- In a medium skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat and fry crab cakes until they are a nice golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More