- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbsp butter, softened (divided)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb sliced roast beef
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and sliced into 4 sections (I just used a French loaf)
- 4 oz sliced pepper jack
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beef broth.
- Add the roast beef to the sauce and warm over low heat.
- Preheat a nonstick grill pan (or just use a nonstick skillet) over medium heat.
- Spread the remaining 2 tbsp butter on the outsides of the baguette sections (like you're making a grilled cheese sandwich).
- Using tongs, top half the sections with the warm roast beef, reserving the sauce.
- Top with the cheese and the remaining baguette sections.
- Place the 4 panini on the hot pan.
- Weigh down with a heavy skillet and cook for 2 minutes, then flip the panini and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the panini from the heat and divide the among 4 small bowls for dipping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More