- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbsp butter, softened (divided)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb sliced roast beef
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and sliced into 4 sections (I just used a French loaf)
- 4 oz sliced pepper jack
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beef broth.
- Add the roast beef to the sauce and warm over low heat.
- Preheat a nonstick grill pan (or just use a nonstick skillet) over medium heat.
- Spread the remaining 2 tbsp butter on the outsides of the baguette sections (like you're making a grilled cheese sandwich).
- Using tongs, top half the sections with the warm roast beef, reserving the sauce.
- Top with the cheese and the remaining baguette sections.
- Place the 4 panini on the hot pan.
- Weigh down with a heavy skillet and cook for 2 minutes, then flip the panini and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the panini from the heat and divide the among 4 small bowls for dipping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More