- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound sliced roast beef
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 4 sections
- 4 ounces sliced pepper Jack cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beef broth.
- Add the roast beef to the sauce and warm over low heat.
- Preheat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on the split sides of the baguette sections.
- Using tongs, top half the sections with the warm roast beef, reserving the sauce.
- Top with the cheese and the remaining baguette sections. Place the 4 panini on the hot pan.
- Weigh down with a heavy skillet and cook for 2 minutes, then flip the panini and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the panini from the heat and divide the sauce among 4 small bowls for dipping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More