- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 420
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryOh baby! We LOVED this :)
This makes a lot of broth, when I double the meat I do NOT double the broth :)
You can add some onion slices to this if you like, depending on who I'm fixing it for I will. It really doesn't seem to change the flavor to us that much.
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds boneless roast (I always use a lean cheap cut)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used the lite soy sauce, lower sodium).
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed (you may want to use less if you don't like rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder) this is Optional!!
- 12 French rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients. Pour over roast.
- Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Remove roast, reserving broth.
- I like to shred the roast with two forks and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.