- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- salt and pepper
- a tiny pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 T butter
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat spinach, salt and pepper - add nutmeg - stir to combine.
- Put on plate, making a nest for the egg.
- Melt butter in a small fry pan over med. heat.
- Break egg onto plate.
- Tilt pan so fat is deep.
- Slide egg into fat.
- Immediately, use a fork to pierce the white and curl it up to make a nest for the yolk. Continue to cook in tilted pan till white is set and yolk is soft.
- Carefully slip egg onto spinach nest.
- Top with grated cheese.
NotesFrench Eggs Florentine
A great way to start a rainy day....