- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into tablespoons
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 pan with 2 layers of foil, leaving “ears” on all sides.
- Butter the sides and bottom of foil.
- Melt chocolate over hot water in double boiler, add butter and coffee.
- Stir until smooth.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat well.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in chocolate mixture until blended.
- Stir in flour, and then add walnuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. (Doesn’t have to pass the toothpick test)
- Cover pan with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Remove top foil and run knife around edges. Invert and peel off foil.
- Cut into squares with a wet knife.
- Makes 60 1 inch squares.
NotesThis is denser than a brownie but not quite fudge. From the Statesman Journal Newspaper: Jeannette Shoemaker
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More