FRENCH ONION SANDWICHES
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 4 ounces cube steaks, beef
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
In a large skillet melt margarine.
Add steaks and cook over medium-high heat
for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or till done.
Remove from skillet, reserving
Cook onion in drippings till tender.
Combine broth, cornstarch,
Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and a dash pepper.
Add to skillet.
Cook and stir until bubbly.
Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
Place steaks on bread.
Top with cheese and onion mixture.