- Cooking Time: 50min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 ounces of butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices French bread
- Melt the butter in a saucepan add onions cook until caramelized.
- turn up heat to medium add garlic
- stir in flour and cook til the flour is golden brown.
- Add the stock and wait for it to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer the soup for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mix cheese with mustard and pepper.
- Spread this on the bread slices and put one slice of bread on the bottom of each onion soup bowl.
- Pour the soup in. (The bread will rise to the top).
- Bake the soup in the oven, uncovered until the bread and cheese mixture is well browned and bubbling.