- Cooking Time: 50min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 ounces of butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices French bread
- Melt the butter in a saucepan add onions cook until caramelized.
- turn up heat to medium add garlic
- stir in flour and cook til the flour is golden brown.
- Add the stock and wait for it to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer the soup for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mix cheese with mustard and pepper.
- Spread this on the bread slices and put one slice of bread on the bottom of each onion soup bowl.
- Pour the soup in. (The bread will rise to the top).
- Bake the soup in the oven, uncovered until the bread and cheese mixture is well browned and bubbling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More