- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 medium potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- dash grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- Lightly spray vegetable oil(PAM) in a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Layer potato slices in casserole sprinkling each separate layer with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Once layers are build top with the chopped garlic and cover with the cream and then, the milk.
- Bake for 40 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Add ins:
- Grated cheddar cheese over each potato layer as you build.
- Grated parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh chopped chive and/or basil over each potato layer as you build.
- Serve with roast beef, grilled chicken or broiled fish. Enjoy!