- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 5 cups
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is a base mix you can have prepared ahead of time to make the French Salad Dressing, which recipe immediately follows!
- French Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/2 c. onion powder, or 2 (2 oz.) jars
- 1/4 c. garlic powder, or 1 (2 oz.) jar
- 1/4 c. black pepper (2 oz.)
- 1 Tb. paprika
- 1/2 c. salt
- French Salad Dressing
- 1/4 c. French Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 pt. salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. salad oil
- 1/4 c. cider or wine vinegar
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. ketchup
- French Salad Dressing Mix - Combine ingredients in a quart jar and shake to blend well. Pour into a smaller jar with tight lid and store to use in making French Salad Dressing.
- French Salad Dressing - Stir French Salad Dressing Mix to blend thoroughly. Add to remaining ingredients and mix in blender or electric mixer.