- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds Chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tart apples, cut into small pieces
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons Half and Half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- Mix some curry powder, flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Coat chicken breasts in this mixture.
- In a large skillet add vegetable oil and place on medium heat.
- Add chicken breast and fry until they are golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and fry until onions are soft.
- Add chicken, chicken broth and apples, remaining curry powder and salt to the skillet.
- Cook on high until it boils, then simmer covered for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- After chicken is done, add Half and Half,and heat through.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Serve with basmati rice and vegetables.
- Suggested condiments: Mango Chutney; raisins; chopped ham; chopped hard boiled eggs and sambals.
- Bon Appetit! Smaaklijk Eten! Selamat makan!
NotesThis recipe was given to us by my brother Eric.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More