- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices day old French bread, 1" thick
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup brown sugar (divided), packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Arrange bread in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.