- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices day old French bread, 1" thick
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup brown sugar (divided), packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Arrange bread in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More