- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- Praline Topping
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch thick.
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9x13 baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and and beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread praline topping evenly over bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. (You don't need syrup if you don't want I use syrup & butter on the table so those who want to go wild can have at it).
NotesI took this to my mommy and me brunch potluck and it was a hit So I have since made it for family when they come & stay over..Its SO yummy Not to kind on the hips but we only live once!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More