- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- Praline Topping
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch thick.
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9x13 baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and and beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread praline topping evenly over bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. (You don't need syrup if you don't want I use syrup & butter on the table so those who want to go wild can have at it).
NotesI took this to my mommy and me brunch potluck and it was a hit So I have since made it for family when they come & stay over..Its SO yummy Not to kind on the hips but we only live once!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More