- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
- Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Recipe from Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes.
MY NOTES: I used a dark pan so I reduced my oven temp by 15 degrees (I know it's supposed to be 25 degrees). Mine were done at 17 minutes. I got 14 cupcakes out of this recipe. I couldn't really taste the maple so I'll probably add 1/2 or 1 teaspoon more next time. Also, some chopped pecans in the frosting might be delicious!