- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.
- Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
NotesI'm not a fan of french toast, but I love the smell and flavor of french toast batter and syrup. This cupcake is the perfect combination of the flavor of french toast in a cupcake.
The cupcake recipe was taken from the blog, 'Bake and Destroy' (nataliecakes.wordpress.com), while the maple buttercream recipe was adapted from CDKitchen (www.cdkitchen.com).
This recipe makes 12 regular size cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Fun appetizers and snacks
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More