- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter and Syrup (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add milk, brown sugar and nutmeg. Wisk well to combine.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture until saturated.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat; brown slices on both sides.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if using) and serve hot with syrup and butter (optional).
NotesThis French Toast recipe originally comes from Allrecipes, and was submitted by Robert Johnson. Believe me when I say that it's absolutely delicious! I'd also like to add that any leftover mixture makes wonderful light and fluffy scrambled eggs. The recipe calls for 12 slices of bread, but you can adjust the ingredients to make more or less.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More