- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter and Syrup (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add milk, brown sugar and nutmeg. Wisk well to combine.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture until saturated.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat; brown slices on both sides.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if using) and serve hot with syrup and butter (optional).
NotesThis French Toast recipe originally comes from Allrecipes, and was submitted by Robert Johnson. Believe me when I say that it's absolutely delicious! I'd also like to add that any leftover mixture makes wonderful light and fluffy scrambled eggs. The recipe calls for 12 slices of bread, but you can adjust the ingredients to make more or less.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More