- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis French Toast recipe originally comes from Allrecipes, and was submitted by Robert Johnson. Believe me when I say that it's absolutely delicious! I'd also like to add that any leftover mixture makes wonderful light and fluffy scrambled eggs. The recipe calls for 12 slices of bread, but you can adjust the ingredients to make more or less.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter and Syrup (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add milk, brown sugar and nutmeg. Wisk well to combine.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture until saturated.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat; brown slices on both sides.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if using) and serve hot with syrup and butter (optional).
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More