FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
French Toast Recipe
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk or cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 8 slices of good quality, day old bread (cut into 1/2 inch slices) (1.5 cm)
- Butter for frying
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon (if using). Transfer the egg mixture to a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture.
Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, over medium to medium-high heat, melt about one tablespoon of butter. Fry the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and fry the other side. If not serving immediately, keep warm in a 250 degree F (130 degree C) oven. Continue frying the other slices of bread, adding more butter as needed.
Serve immediately with a dusting of powdered sugar and pure maple syrup or fresh fruit.
Interested in anything african, buzz me.
Website Credit: http://www.joyofbaking.com