- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk or cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 8 slices of good quality, day old bread (cut into 1/2 inch slices) (1.5 cm)
- Butter for frying
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon (if using). Transfer the egg mixture to a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, over medium to medium-high heat, melt about one tablespoon of butter. Fry the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and fry the other side. If not serving immediately, keep warm in a 250 degree F (130 degree C) oven. Continue frying the other slices of bread, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately with a dusting of powdered sugar and pure maple syrup or fresh fruit.
- Serves 4.
Notesthis is a popular french toast recipe, i tried it last holiday and my family really liked it. i like swapping recipes, although most of my recipes are african recipes (which i will upload later), but perhaps you will like something nice like this one to spice up your cooking. enjoy!
Interested in anything african, buzz me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More