- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 10 cups white bread cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
NotesWhen I needed an easy, different brunch recipe for my sister's birthday, this one was suggested to me by a friend. I think it tastes remarkable and is easy to prepare.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More