- Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
- Servings: 2 souffles
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryGreat recipe made by Shawna Tarnow
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 loaves French bread cubed
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1. Butter 2 7x11 baking dishes, fill half full with bread cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl mix softened butter, cream cheese and syrup.
- 3. Spoon mixture over bread cubes and distribute evenly.
- 4. In a large bowl beat eggs, Half and Half, and vanilla.
- 5. Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure all bread cubes are moistened.
- 6. Dust with cinnamon, cover, and store overnight in refrigerator.
- 7. In the morning, bake 55-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- 8. Dust with powdered sugar.
- 9. Serve with fruit, maple syrup, and crushed walnuts to sprinkle on top.