French Toast Souffle
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 loaves French bread cubed
3 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Cinnamon for dusting
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Butter 2 7x11 baking dishes, fill half full with bread cubes.
2. In a small bowl mix softened butter, cream cheese and syrup.
3. Spoon mixture over bread cubes and distribute evenly.
4. In a large bowl beat eggs, Half and Half, and vanilla.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure all bread cubes are moistened.
6. Dust with cinnamon, cover, and store overnight in refrigerator.
7. In the morning, bake 55-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
8. Dust with powdered sugar.
9. Serve with fruit, maple syrup, and crushed walnuts to sprinkle on top.
Pairs Well With
Great recipe made by Shawna Tarnow