- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1 lb loaf of bread (unsliced)
- 8 oz cream cheese (or neufchatel)
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 6 T butter, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup (the real stuff is the best)
- cube french bread (about 12 cups bread cubes). grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- spread half of bread cubes in baking dish. top with cream cheese cubes and then remaining bread cubes.
- mix eggs, milk, melted butter and maple syrup until well combined. pour egg mixture evenly over bread and cheese cubes. using a spatula, press layers down to moisten.
- cover with plastic wrap. refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- remove plastic wrap. bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes until center is set and edges are golden brown.
- let stand for 10 minutes. slice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More