- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1 lb loaf of bread (unsliced)
- 8 oz cream cheese (or neufchatel)
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 6 T butter, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup (the real stuff is the best)
- cube french bread (about 12 cups bread cubes). grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- spread half of bread cubes in baking dish. top with cream cheese cubes and then remaining bread cubes.
- mix eggs, milk, melted butter and maple syrup until well combined. pour egg mixture evenly over bread and cheese cubes. using a spatula, press layers down to moisten.
- cover with plastic wrap. refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- remove plastic wrap. bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes until center is set and edges are golden brown.
- let stand for 10 minutes. slice.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More