- Cooking Time: 24 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 cup half-and-half
- * 3 large eggs
- * 2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
- * 4 tablespoons butter
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Italy or Bust
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More