- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tomatoes (the better the quality the better the dish. Preferably organic - I get mine from a local farmer's market).
- 3 TB EVOO
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp herbs de providence
- 1/2 TB Dijon mustard (Do not sub with yellow mustard it will ruin it).
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
- In a small cup combine all the ingredients except the tomatoes to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and voila!
- Simple and good. Make sure you have some good French bread handy to sop up the wonderful dressing at the end.
- Alternative: Recently I have been adding diced up sun dried tomatoes. I love the dimension it gives to the dish. When I do this I exclude the mustard.
NotesI learned this recipe in the south of France when I went there for a summer in high school. It is a healthy and delish was to enjoy fresh ripe tomatoes.
**All measurements are approximations - I just wing it on this one.**
Alternative: Recently I have been adding diced up sun dried tomatoes. I love the dimension it gives to the dish. When I do this I exclude the mustard.