- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: Makes 1 piece of toast
- Preparation Time: 4
BackstoryThis was always Rachel's favorite. Many mornings of babysitting she begged me to make it. She liked it with powdered sugar and a glass of chocolate milk!
- 1 slice of thick bread, Will likes "texas toast"
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or half&half
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Butter for cooking
- Take egg and milk, beat with fork till well blended.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, mix well.
- Add your slice of bread to the mixture. Coat one side and flip. Then let it soak while the butter heats up.
- Heat butter over low/medium heat till melted and slightly foamy. I always use a nonstick skillet.
- Once the butter is good and hot, add your bread slice. Hopefully it has soaked up pretty much all your egg mixture. I find it easiest to mix it in a shallow bowl and slide/pour it over into the hot skillet. After about a minute the first side should be seared. With a spatula file over and finish cooking. About 2 minutes.
- It should be toasty and browned on the outside and custard-y on the inside. I love it with honey and fresh strawberries. Rachel always wanted powdered sugar and Will like plain ole syrup!