- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: Makes 1 piece of toast
- Preparation Time: 4
- 1 slice of thick bread, Will likes "texas toast"
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or half&half
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Butter for cooking
- Take egg and milk, beat with fork till well blended.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, mix well.
- Add your slice of bread to the mixture. Coat one side and flip. Then let it soak while the butter heats up.
- Heat butter over low/medium heat till melted and slightly foamy. I always use a nonstick skillet.
- Once the butter is good and hot, add your bread slice. Hopefully it has soaked up pretty much all your egg mixture. I find it easiest to mix it in a shallow bowl and slide/pour it over into the hot skillet. After about a minute the first side should be seared. With a spatula file over and finish cooking. About 2 minutes.
- It should be toasty and browned on the outside and custard-y on the inside. I love it with honey and fresh strawberries. Rachel always wanted powdered sugar and Will like plain ole syrup!
NotesThis was always Rachel's favorite. Many mornings of babysitting she begged me to make it. She liked it with powdered sugar and a glass of chocolate milk!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More