- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 15-24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples (no need to peel unless you want to)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I omitted)
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Sift the flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Combine the sugar and oil in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Spoon into a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips and press the chips down lightly with the spatula. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
- I only baked it for 50 minutes and then I tested and it was done. There were a few spots that looked gooey, but when I stuck a toothpick in those spot it still came out clean.
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More