- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. chopped apples
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine apples and sugar in a large bowl. Add oil, nuts, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in all dry ingredients. Mix well. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You may also substitute splenda for sugar, egg substitute for eggs and split 1/2 applesauce 1/2 oil for a healthier version. This also freezes very well. My mom used to cut it into slices and then freeze them in sandwich bags.
- You can make this in a 9x13, bundt pan or as cupcakes.
NotesThis is a recipe my mom has made for several years. My friend asked me to post it as her family enjoyed it too when I shared it with them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More