- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. chopped apples
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine apples and sugar in a large bowl. Add oil, nuts, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in all dry ingredients. Mix well. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You may also substitute splenda for sugar, egg substitute for eggs and split 1/2 applesauce 1/2 oil for a healthier version. This also freezes very well. My mom used to cut it into slices and then freeze them in sandwich bags.
- You can make this in a 9x13, bundt pan or as cupcakes.
NotesThis is a recipe my mom has made for several years. My friend asked me to post it as her family enjoyed it too when I shared it with them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More