FRESH APPLE COFFEECAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs or egg whites (6)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Beat butter at medium speed. Gradually add 2 cups sugar. Beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beat after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in apple and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9x13x2 pan.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
NotesHaving grown up in Louisiana I was enamoured of apple picking when I moved to the New England region and quickly began looking for recipes using fresh apples. I tried and quite liked this apple coffee cake. My MIL was a caterer in the DC area for many years so I was nervous cooking for her when we met and this is what I served. She loved it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More