- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 4 TBSP. margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 orange, rind and juice
- 1 cup apples (chopped fine)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- nOTE: Raisins can replace the apples or any chopped fruit.
- Beat egg. In a mixing bowl combine the milk, egg, and melted margarine.
- Add the orange juice, rind, chopped apples (skins can be left on but I usually peel them) and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder.
- Stir into milk mixture with a spoon until blended.
- Do not overmix.
- Preheat oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Drop off end of tablespoon into hot oil.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Turn so they brown even.
- Allow to cool.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
NotesThese are so good. The recipe calls for a sprinkling of powdered sugar. I prefer a glaze of powdered sugar and milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More