- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 4 TBSP. margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 orange, rind and juice
- 1 cup apples (chopped fine)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- nOTE: Raisins can replace the apples or any chopped fruit.
- Beat egg. In a mixing bowl combine the milk, egg, and melted margarine.
- Add the orange juice, rind, chopped apples (skins can be left on but I usually peel them) and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder.
- Stir into milk mixture with a spoon until blended.
- Do not overmix.
- Preheat oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Drop off end of tablespoon into hot oil.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Turn so they brown even.
- Allow to cool.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
NotesThese are so good. The recipe calls for a sprinkling of powdered sugar. I prefer a glaze of powdered sugar and milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
My Family CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More