- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 1/2 cups of finely grated white turnips (rabioles- approx. 7-8 medium ones)
- 1/3 of a coriander bunch, chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp nuoc-mâm sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil (I use sunflower or safflower)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small hot pepper, chopped (or 1/4 tsp red chill pepper flakes)
- TO SERVE
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts (cashews or peanuts)
- A dash of sea salt or fleur de sel (optional)
- NUOC-MAM SAUCE
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 tsp grated carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper sauce
- NUOC-MAM SAUCE
- Prepare the nuoc-mâm sauce: Just mix all the nuoc-nâm ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. You'll only need a bit of this sauce. The rest can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week - it is a vietnamese classic!
- 1. Mix your finely grated white turnips and coriander together.
- 2. Mix the dressing ingredients together (maple syrup, nuoc-mâm, soy sauce, oil, sesame oil and hot pepper).
- 3. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- 4. Just before serving, sprinkle lemon juice and chopped nuts on top. Sprinkle a dash of sea salt or fleur de sel on top (optional).
NotesFeaturing: White turnips (rabioles) or daikon radish, coriander, carrots and garlic.
This is a nice fresh and refreshing salad that goes great with asian dishes. It is best served fresh. You can also make it with daikon radish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More