- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 1/2 cups of finely grated white turnips (rabioles- approx. 7-8 medium ones)
- 1/3 of a coriander bunch, chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp nuoc-mâm sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil (I use sunflower or safflower)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small hot pepper, chopped (or 1/4 tsp red chill pepper flakes)
- TO SERVE
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts (cashews or peanuts)
- A dash of sea salt or fleur de sel (optional)
- NUOC-MAM SAUCE
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 tsp grated carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper sauce
- NUOC-MAM SAUCE
- Prepare the nuoc-mâm sauce: Just mix all the nuoc-nâm ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. You'll only need a bit of this sauce. The rest can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week - it is a vietnamese classic!
- 1. Mix your finely grated white turnips and coriander together.
- 2. Mix the dressing ingredients together (maple syrup, nuoc-mâm, soy sauce, oil, sesame oil and hot pepper).
- 3. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- 4. Just before serving, sprinkle lemon juice and chopped nuts on top. Sprinkle a dash of sea salt or fleur de sel on top (optional).
NotesFeaturing: White turnips (rabioles) or daikon radish, coriander, carrots and garlic.
This is a nice fresh and refreshing salad that goes great with asian dishes. It is best served fresh. You can also make it with daikon radish.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More