- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 graham crackers (each 2 1/2 by 5 inches)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons plus cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, such as bing
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast the almonds in the oven at 350 degrees until light brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers, 1/2 cup almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar until finely ground.
- Add butter, and process until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Using the base of a dry measuring cup, firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan.
- NOTE: I used a 10 inch pan, as that was all I had.
- I figured that with the addition of the almonds in the crust it would still be okay.
- However, after pressing the mixture into the pan, it seemed a bit thin.
- So I would strongly recommend using the 9 inch pan.
- Bake until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the tart shell is baking, it would be a good time to pit the cherries.
- I do not have a cherry pitter, so using a small knife, starting at the stem end I sliced around the cherry and sort of twisted half of it off the pit, sort of like when you slice open an avocado.
- Then using my fingernail I pried the pit loose from the second half.
- Trust me it's not as labor intensive as it sounds.
- It goes quite fast.
- I worked up to five cherries a minute.
- Once the cherries are pitted, move on to the cream cheese filling.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add cream, and beat until soft peaks form; spread mixture in cooled crust.
- Scatter cherries on top.
- You could neatly lay the cherries in rows of concentric circles, which looks really pretty, but I decided to just sort of topple them all haphazzardly onto the filling.
- It's a little more 'rustic.'
- In a small saucepan, combine jam and 1 teaspoon water; heat over low until liquified, about 2 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, dab cherries with glaze and then scatter over the toasted, sliced almonds. Refrigerate tart at least 30 minutes or, covered, up to 1 day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More