- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup cherries, pitted and quartered
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and top muffins prior to baking.
- Heat oven to 400°. Spray bottoms of muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Beat butter, milk and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients (not topping ingredients) just until flour is moistened.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and sprinkle with topping listed above.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes.
NotesI love cherry season and I love Rainer cherries! I bought a big bag of Rainer and knew I would make a recipe my friend Sherry (gratefulservant) shared! What I didn't use in the muffins, I will eat all by themselves! Yummy!
The muffins were so moist and every bite of cherry was so juicy! I bet you could put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on them and it would be delicious! I was thinking that as I was eating one! The muffins were so good as is but if you wanted to add a little bit more of brown sugar that would be awesome!
ALERT: This is the 1st homemade muffin that I've made! No Box! YAY Me :) It was very easy and I used my toaster oven to bake in so my house didn't heat up!