- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6 oz. fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 T. fresh orange zest
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
- In a non reactive, non-stick saucepan, over medium heat, combine the cranberries, and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 T cornstarch in the orange juice.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the cranberries and stir to blend.
- Simmer another 15 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
NotesThis beats the pants off of that canned jellied stuff!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More