- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound unsalted butter -- softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs -- separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups fresh figs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into batter alternately with milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into flour mixture.
- Add wheat germ.
- Pulse chop figs in food processor and add to batter.
- Stir in spices.
- Pour into 2 9" greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until center springs back.
- Cool and frost.
- Yield: "9 inch cake"
NotesThis makes wonderful cupcakes too! I serve with chocolate leaves on top for decoration.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More