- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound unsalted butter -- softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs -- separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups fresh figs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into batter alternately with milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into flour mixture.
- Add wheat germ.
- Pulse chop figs in food processor and add to batter.
- Stir in spices.
- Pour into 2 9" greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until center springs back.
- Cool and frost.
- Yield: "9 inch cake"
NotesThis makes wonderful cupcakes too! I serve with chocolate leaves on top for decoration.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More