- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For filling
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red-currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 lb fresh figs
- Special equipment: an 11 1/4- by 8- by 1-inch rectangular or 10-inch round fluted tart pan (1 inch deep) with a removable bottom
- Prepare filling and assemble tart:
- Whisk together sour cream, mascarpone, sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat jelly and honey in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking, until jelly is melted, about 4 minutes, then cool glaze slightly.
- Remove side of tart pan and spread mascarpone cream in shell.
- Cut figs lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange decoratively over cream. Brush figs with honey glaze.
- Cooks' notes:
- Crust can be made 1 day ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.
- Mascarpone mixture can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Tart can be assembled 1 hour ahead and kept, loosely covered, at room temperature.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Gourmet Entertains
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More