- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For filling
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red-currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 lb fresh figs
- Special equipment: an 11 1/4- by 8- by 1-inch rectangular or 10-inch round fluted tart pan (1 inch deep) with a removable bottom
- Prepare filling and assemble tart:
- Whisk together sour cream, mascarpone, sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat jelly and honey in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking, until jelly is melted, about 4 minutes, then cool glaze slightly.
- Remove side of tart pan and spread mascarpone cream in shell.
- Cut figs lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange decoratively over cream. Brush figs with honey glaze.
- Cooks' notes:
- Crust can be made 1 day ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.
- Mascarpone mixture can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Tart can be assembled 1 hour ahead and kept, loosely covered, at room temperature.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Gourmet Entertains
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Simple Homemade Favorites
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More