- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a wonderful dessert to serve when you want something sweet but not too heavy, and it's a great way to take advantage of fresh seasonal fruit!
More about this recipe, here:
- Pastry Ingredients (from Shannon Bennett in ‘My Vue‘)
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g pure icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 250g plain (all-purpose) flour
- If you have a favourite sweet shortcrust recipe, then you can certainly use that instead. I’ve tried a few and though this pastry is a B*TCH to work with, it really has no comparison in terms of withstanding moist fillings.