Fresh Peach Cobbler
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
4 cups fresh peaches, sliced (10 to 12 peaches)
⅓ cup (5⅓ tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup flour
1¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
1½ tablespoons cornstarch
⅓ teaspoon nutmeg
⅔ cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Put peaches in bottom of 9” x 9” baking pan.
3. Cream butter and 1¼ cups sugar.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk then spoon batter over peaches.
5. Mix remaining ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg; sprinkle over batter.
6. Pour boiling water over top of cobbler, place baking pan on top of a cookie sheet, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until crispy on top
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cobbler