- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 c fresh peaches, sliced
- 2/3 c sugar
- 3 T flour
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 2 T butter
- 1 c flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 c butter
- 3 T milk
- 1 egg
- Place sliced peaches in 8x8 baking dish
- mix 2/3 c sugar, 3 T flour and cinnamon, sprinkle over peaches
- Dot 2 T butter over peaches
- Stir together flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter, mix with milk and egg.
- Drop mixture in 8 spoonfuls over peaches
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream
NotesThis is a great traditional cobbler, and although mom almost always made it with peaches, you can use almost any fresh fruit