- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 2 peaches or nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds
- for frosting:
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350'F (180'C)
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffly. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and confectioners' sugar until medium-soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful no to overbeat!! Use immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More