FRESH PEACH PIE
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 35 min + 2hrs chilling
- 1½ C. flour
- ½ Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ C. oil
- 2Tbs. Milk
- 5-6 lg. peaches peeled and sliced,sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- 3/4 C mashed peach slices
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C Water
- 3 TBs cornstarch + 1/4 C water
- yellow and red food coloring
- 1Tbs lemon juice
mix 1st three dry ingredients in 9" pie pan
mix oil with milk,add all at once to flour mixture,mix and shape to pan
Prick shell with fork, and bake at 425 for 12 –15 min.
Take out before it browns.
Place smashed peach slices, sugar,and water, in medium
sauce pan. Bring to a boil,
add cornstarch mixed with 1/4C. water.
Cook until clear. Cool slightly add 2 drops yellow and 1 drop red food coloring,and 1 Tbs lemon juice.
Arrange remaining peach slices in cooled pie crust.
Pour peach syrup over pie.
Refrigerate 2 hours. Serve with whip cream, if desired.