- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a light refreshing dessert.When I make this my house smells wonderful. It is from Bon Appetit.
- 1 1/2cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks broken in half
- 3 1/4 inch-thick slices of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 inch thick sliced lemon
- 1 large pineapple (about 4 1/2lbs)
- peeled, cut lengthwise into wedges,cored,cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick pieces
- Stir 1-1/2 cups water,sugar,cinnamon sticks,ginger and lemon in heavy large potover med.heat til sugar dissolves.Bring syrup to a boil; cover an simmer 10min.to blend flavors.Add pineapple and simmer till pineapple is translucent,stirring occasionally about 7 min. Transfer pineapple and syrup to bowl.Refrigerate till cold, at least 2 hours.Can be prepared 2 days ahead. cover and keep refrigerated.
- Sometimes I serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream