- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 5-6 lb pumpkin
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 3 TBL butter
- 3/4 cup Graham wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin -- cooked or canned
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- Whipped cream or topping
- Cut pumpkin into wedges.
- Pull all seeds and stringy pulp out and discard. Cut pumpkin off rind, leaving about 1 inch of pumpkin on the rind.
- Cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Place cubes, water, and butter in sauce pan and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Once it begins to break down, it is done.
- Use masher to make mixture consistent.
- Use what you need and freeze the rest
- Crust & Filling
- In a small bowl, combine graham wafers, spices and melted butter.
- Mix together and press into 8x8" pan lined with tinfoil.
- Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar then egg.
- Blend dry ingredients together and beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Beat in pumpkin. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake at 325 F about 40 min or until filling is just set.
- Cool on a wire rack for one hour, then refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with whipped cream or topping just before
- Serve like a pie or in smaller squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More