- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: two 9" pies
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 c. pumpkin
- 2 pre-made 9" graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 lg. can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice*
- * may be substituted with
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Cut pumpkin lengthwise in quarters.
- Scoop out seeds, discard.
- Cut pumpkin wedges in half crosswise.
- Place skin-up in Pyrex or other microwave-safe dishes.
- Fill dishes with water to cover pumpkin wedges.
- Microwave at 75% power in 15-minute increments, until flesh is soft.
- Scrape flesh into colander, discard skin.
- Drain pumpkin flesh thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, alternating wet and dry.
- Pour mix into prepared graham cracker pie crusts, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
NotesI love Halloween -- love love love it. Every year, I end up with leftover (uncarved) pumpkins that I hate to throw away. So I started making them into pumpkin pies, which I freeze and serve at Thanksgiving.
More recently, I've begun buying pumpkin pie pumpkins to display for Halloween, since they're a bit sweeter and make better pies. Non-pie pumpkins make a great soup, though....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More