- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: two 9" pies
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 c. pumpkin
- 2 pre-made 9" graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 lg. can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice*
- * may be substituted with
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Cut pumpkin lengthwise in quarters.
- Scoop out seeds, discard.
- Cut pumpkin wedges in half crosswise.
- Place skin-up in Pyrex or other microwave-safe dishes.
- Fill dishes with water to cover pumpkin wedges.
- Microwave at 75% power in 15-minute increments, until flesh is soft.
- Scrape flesh into colander, discard skin.
- Drain pumpkin flesh thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, alternating wet and dry.
- Pour mix into prepared graham cracker pie crusts, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
NotesI love Halloween -- love love love it. Every year, I end up with leftover (uncarved) pumpkins that I hate to throw away. So I started making them into pumpkin pies, which I freeze and serve at Thanksgiving.
More recently, I've begun buying pumpkin pie pumpkins to display for Halloween, since they're a bit sweeter and make better pies. Non-pie pumpkins make a great soup, though....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More