- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryBe careful with the lime juice. Too much lime juice spoils the flavor.
For optimum flavor, follow J.D.'s Rule of Garlic: "Always add five times the amount of garlic called for by the recipe." In this case, use five cloves of garlic instead of one clove. You'll thank me for it later.
To vary the heat of the salsa, alter the number of chiles (in particular, the quantity of seeds from the chiles).
- 3 large very ripe tomatoes (~2#), cored and diced small
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 small jalapeno or other fresh chile, minced (remove seeds for mild salsa)
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup juice from 4 medium limes
- salt to taste
- Blend every thing together in blender or food processor. Put the salsa in the fridge for 8+ hours (the longer the better). Enjoy!