- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryHearty patties made from fresh salmon and lightly seasoned with tarragon provide a healthy alternative to burgers.
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh salmon fillet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 thin slices red onions, separated into rings
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 5 ciabatta rolls or other crusty rolls, split
- 1. Cut salmon into 1- to 2-inch pieces. In food processor bowl combine salmon pieces, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper. Pulse on and off until salmon is finely chopped. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal. Pulse on and off until combined. Shape salmon mixture into five 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook patties in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and opaque in center, turning once.
- 3. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Serve salmon patties along with mayonnaise mixture, red onion and lettuce in rolls.