- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package dried rice paper
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced into matchstick-like pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchstick-like pieces
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup pre-cooked shrimp
- Can use fresh spices as well (such as basil, coriander, cilantro, etc.)
- First chop all of the veggies (cucumber, peppers, and carrots).
- Fill a large bowl half full of hot water (but not scalding, as you will have to dip your fingers in it). Place bowl and wrappers on a clean working surface, such as a wax paper.
- Take out one of the rice wrappers and place it in the bowl of hot water. You may have to gently press the wrapper down into the water. The rice paper will soften in approximately 30 seconds. When the wrapper is soft enough to eat (these rolls do not require cooking), remove from water and place on the clean working surface.
- Working always horizontally, place three small shrimp on the right in the middle. Now place some of the bean sprouts on top. Followed by carrots, cucumbers, and peppers. And finally spinach.
- Begin to roll by folding the bottom portion of rice paper over the ingredients. To complete the roll, fold top side down. Try to keep your folding/rolling as tight as possible.
- Serve with dipping sauce, such as hoisen sauce or peanut sauce.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More