- Cooking Time: 5-7
- Servings: 36 mini donuts
- Preparation Time: 5
- For the Donuts
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C granulated sugar substitute or sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C non-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C strawberries, mashed with fork
- For the Glaze
- 2 large strawberries
- about 1 C confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar substitute, and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, honey, butter, and vanilla. 3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Stir in mashed strawberries.
- 3. Spoon batter into a pastry bag or a ziplock bag with the corner snipped. Pipe batter into pan. Fill about 2/3 full (though it's hard to tell using a mini donut pan!).
- 4. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until donuts start to turn light golden brown.
- 5. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6. While the donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- 7. In a small bowl, beat the strawberries with a hand mixer until well mashed. Add the confectioner's sugar and lime juice. Beat until smooth.
- 8. Dip cooled donuts in glaze and allow to harden. Or snitch some and allow the rest to harden. :)
- 9. Store left-over glazed donuts in the refrigerator, if there are any left!
NotesThe light texture, the sweet chunks of fresh strawberry, the tartness of lime in the glaze, and the fact that they are low-fat and contain complex carbs all add up to one amazing treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More