- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries , sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter , unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- For Frosting
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberries , pureed
- 1 cup butter , unsalted
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Using cupcake liners, place 12 liners in a muffin pan and set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set a side.
- In a food processor or blender add strawberries and process until pureed.
- Empty pureed strawberries into a 1/3c measuring cup and set aside. Add rest of strawberry puree to a small bowl and set aside to use in the frosting.
- Using a electric mixer with bowl, cream butter on medium high speed until lightly fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue to mix until well blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add one egg and egg whites and mix until lightly blended.
- Add vanilla extract if using.
- Mix together milk and 1/3c strawberry puree.
- Alternate flour and milk mixture to mixer slowly ending with flour. Scrap down sides of bowl and continue to blend well.
- Using a ice cream scoop or tablespoon, add batter to prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
NotesThis is a recipe I got off the Martha Stewart show. Made for my husband for Valentines day, which is also our anniversary. They are very good because they are made with fresh strawberries.
NOTE: for best results let butter and eggs come to room temp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking for a Cure
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More