FRESH STRAWBERRY NACHOS
Fresh Strawberry Nachos
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- granulated sugar (superfine if you can find it)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 flour tortillas
- cinnamon (Vietnamese is really good for this)
- Note: You can easily dice other fruits, like kiwi or pineapple, to add to the nachos. A drizzle of melted chocolate, dark or white, is a delicious addition too!
Lightly combine berries with liqueur and sweeten to taste.
Whip cream, sweeten to taste.
Cut the tortillas into triangles (pie wedges) and fry or bake until golden and crisp (if baking, spritz with cooking spray).
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot.
Allow to cool slightly.
Assemble just before serving.
Top chips with strawberries, then whipped cream.
Simple, but very tasty!