- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- granulated sugar (superfine if you can find it)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 flour tortillas
- cinnamon (Vietnamese is really good for this)
- Note: You can easily dice other fruits, like kiwi or pineapple, to add to the nachos. A drizzle of melted chocolate, dark or white, is a delicious addition too!
- Lightly combine berries with liqueur and sweeten to taste.
- Whip cream, sweeten to taste.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles (pie wedges) and fry or bake until golden and crisp (if baking, spritz with cooking spray).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble just before serving.
- Top chips with strawberries, then whipped cream.
- Simple, but very tasty!
NotesThese are really simple, can be whipped up at a moment's notice if you have the ingredients on hand (and I usually do when berries are in season!)..so they make a perfect dessert for everything from spur of the moment gatherings to a simple family barbecue.
Italy or Bust
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More