- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- granulated sugar (superfine if you can find it)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 flour tortillas
- cinnamon (Vietnamese is really good for this)
- Note: You can easily dice other fruits, like kiwi or pineapple, to add to the nachos. A drizzle of melted chocolate, dark or white, is a delicious addition too!
- Lightly combine berries with liqueur and sweeten to taste.
- Whip cream, sweeten to taste.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles (pie wedges) and fry or bake until golden and crisp (if baking, spritz with cooking spray).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble just before serving.
- Top chips with strawberries, then whipped cream.
- Simple, but very tasty!
NotesThese are really simple, can be whipped up at a moment's notice if you have the ingredients on hand (and I usually do when berries are in season!)..so they make a perfect dessert for everything from spur of the moment gatherings to a simple family barbecue.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More