- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp lemon peel
- 1 pie crust
- Bake pie crust for single pie, cool.
- Beat lemon peel and cream cheese together.
- When crust is cool, spread cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries. (you may add red food coloring if you want a deeper red)
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and boils - stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for one minute.
- Pour over remaining strawberries and gentle stir to ensure all strawberries are covered with mixture.
- Pour strawberry mixture over the cream cheese/pie crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
NotesA fresh strawberry pie, better than the ones offered by restaurants. I found the recipe in the Betty Crocker collection.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More