- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 450g pasta of your choice (penne, fusilli, etc.)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp green onions (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tomatoes (diced in cubes)
- 1 carrot (shredded or finely diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (diced in cubes)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced in half moons (OR 1 cup broccoli OR approx. 4 rabioles, diced in cubes)
- 1 pattypan, diced in half moons
- 1 can of cooked beans (red kidney, lentils or chickpeas work best)
- 1 handful basil (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon (4 Tbsp)- or try using balsamic vinegar
- 4-7 Tbsp oil (olive oil or sunflower oil work great)
- sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Handful of chopped nuts (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Throw in the pasta, boil until al dente, drain and run under cold water to cool. Put the pasta into a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, rabioles, cooked beans and basil. Add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper. Add nuts, if using. Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.
NotesFEATURING: Garlic, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, zucchini, pattypan, and basil.
Jim and I created this simple recipe after watching Jamie Oliver's Happy Days Tour. We've been making it for years and simply throw in any crunchy veggies we happen to have.