- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 450g pasta of your choice (penne, fusilli, etc.)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp green onions (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tomatoes (diced in cubes)
- 1 carrot (shredded or finely diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (diced in cubes)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced in half moons (OR 1 cup broccoli OR approx. 4 rabioles, diced in cubes)
- 1 pattypan, diced in half moons
- 1 can of cooked beans (red kidney, lentils or chickpeas work best)
- 1 handful basil (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon (4 Tbsp)- or try using balsamic vinegar
- 4-7 Tbsp oil (olive oil or sunflower oil work great)
- sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Handful of chopped nuts (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Throw in the pasta, boil until al dente, drain and run under cold water to cool. Put the pasta into a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, rabioles, cooked beans and basil. Add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper. Add nuts, if using. Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.
NotesFEATURING: Garlic, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, zucchini, pattypan, and basil.
Jim and I created this simple recipe after watching Jamie Oliver's Happy Days Tour. We've been making it for years and simply throw in any crunchy veggies we happen to have.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More