- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 450g pasta of your choice (penne, fusilli, etc.)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp green onions (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tomatoes (diced in cubes)
- 1 carrot (shredded or finely diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (diced in cubes)
- 4 rabioles (diced in cubes)
- 1 can of cooked beans (red kidney, lentils or chickpeas work best)
- 1 handful basil (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon (4 Tbsp)
- 4-7 Tbsp oil (olive oil or sunflower oil work great)
- sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Handful of chopped nuts (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Throw in the pasta, boil until al dente, drain and run under cold water to cool. Put the pasta into a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, rabioles, cooked beans and basil. Add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper. Add nuts, if using. Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.
NotesJim and I created this simple recipe after watching Jamie Oliver's Happy Days Tour. We've been making it for years and simply throw in any crunchy veggies we happen to have.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Lau Family Recipes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More