- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound uncooked penne or spiral pasta
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 cup cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup Fat Free shredded mozzarella cheese, or you can use smoked mozzarella diced
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- About an hour before your ready to cook your pasta add to a large bowl diced garlic, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella season to taste with salt and pepper Add vinegar, oil, and put in refrigerator to marinate.
- Reserve about a 1/2 cup of pasta water and add to the tomato mixture.
- Cook pasta according to package directions without added salt or fat, drain. Fold in tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- For an interesting flavor boost, add sun-dried tomatoes to this recipe. Place 1/4 cup of dried sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover them with boiling water; set aside for 10 minutes to allow the tomatoes to plump up. Drain well and substitute them for half the cherry tomatoes in the recipe.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More